Acabonac Farms - Humane Rancher
At Acabonac Farms, we are deeply committed to transparent, humane and environmentally conscientious farming practices that work in sync with nature. We are firm believers in the importance of knowing where our food comes from and what it consists of.
We are finishing our 100% grass fed beef on non-GMO grasses on the beautiful Eastern End of Long Island, New York. They are never fed grain and are never given growth hormones or sub- therapeutic antibiotics. We never use chemical fertilizers or herbicides. We use a system of rotational grazing to manage our pastures, rebuild soil health and promote healthy animal weight gains to yield a truly delicious product. We distribute our product direct to consumers online, through local CSAs and retail.
We are seeking self-motivated and passionate individuals to assist in the growth of our business. We’re looking for ranchers with a strong interest in cattle and agriculture to join our growing team. This is a full-time, year-round positon with potential for growth for the right candidate.
on our mission.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
work hard is however an absolute requirement.
We offer competitive compensation, a work vehicle and the ability to grow as a professional.
How to Apply
We are seeking individuals to begin this season. If you fit the criteria above and are interested in exploring the possibility of being a part of the Acabonac Farms team, please send your resume along with a note on why you’re interested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stone's Throw Farm - Assistant Farm Manager/Marketing Coordinator
Stone’s Throw Farm is a 13 acre sustainable agriculture project located in the beautiful Hamptons, less than 50 yards from the ocean and the Sagg Pond,specifically in the town of Sagaponack, NY on Long Island. 6 acres of its land are leased to our neighbor farmer, who also manages 6 acres of our land devoted to the production of corn, rye and wheat. Finally, there are about 1 1/2 acres established garden spaces, which are the main focus of this job position.
To contribute to the supply of local sustainably grown grains, preserve agricultural land, provide produce, flowers and berries grown with organic specifications for the owner’s families and friends. We also strive to educate the owner’s offspring and friends to get in touch with the earth and to learn where food comes from and the care that is necessary to get it to the table.
We grow a wide variety of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, asparagus and berries, and the farm is full of amazing perennial flowers. We focus heavily on maintaining intact the incredible fertile Bridgehampton loam in our permanent raised bed system through adding compost, straw mulching, crop rotation and reduced tilling.
Our commercial involvement has so far been limited to the sale of wheat, Stone’s Throw Farm Polenta and Cornmeal to restaurants, grocery stores and bakers. Finally, starting this coming season, we have decided to expand our commercial enterprise to the sale of produce, cut flowers and berries through an on-site farm stand operating during the height of the season and acquiring a few wholesale accounts.
This position is aimed to those applicants who are interested in working in either a small scale intensive market garden or a homestead, and have a desire to help increasing marketing expansion of existing products and developing new market outlets. The Assistant Farm Manager/Marketing Coordinator will report to the Farm Manager and work by his side in all the daily farm chores and will devote part of their time to the specific marketing aspects. This is a full time seasonal job.
• Available to work from April 1st through October 31st (dates can be flexible)
• Work with the farm manager and farm hand on day-to-day garden, field and greenhouse tasks, including seeding, transplanting, mulching, hand weeding, hoeing, irrigation, harvesting, washing, packing and storing, post-harvest handling, storing and pest management of grains. Feeding and caring of laying hens and broilers.
• A positive attitude, good spirit and a strong work ethic
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform repetitive physical tasks in all types of weather conditions.
• Ability to work efficiently independently, and cooperatively as a member of a very small team.
• Attentive to detail and passionate about maintaining order, cleanliness and overall beauty of our gardens
• Two season prior farming experience required
Specifically as Marketing Coordinator, he or she will be required to:
• Have good customer service and communication skills.
• Have Marketing and sales skills.
• Understand food quality and freshness of products.
• Have some experience in working at a farm stand
• Monitor and manage deliveries
• Be able to set up a farm stand and assure proper display of products, labels, and pricing
• Payment commensurate with experience
• Housing provided in a beautiful newly renovated loft apartment located above the barn with view of the pond and the ocean, and access to a rustic summer kitchen on the ground floor
• 2 days off a week, including 1 weekend day and a week day
• Vegetables and eggs
How to Apply:
For more information on the position or to apply, please contact Anthony Cinicolo at email@example.com.